Search the forum,

Discuss Kohler daryl shower temperature mixer broken in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

salars

Hello
I have a kohler daryl hydra corner column shower system

The hot/cold temperature mixer is broken. There is a tiny stop plug that needs to be pulled out that was not and someone used brut force to get hot water breaking it.

Opening it up I saw the broken part. Been trying to get hold of spares. But no joy as the company that made spares went bust about 3 years ago.

In the midst if all this. The plastic plumbing that connects the supply with reducer (one way valves ?) has started leaking
They seem like push fit connector but pushing them in does not seem to stop the leek. A bit if shaking and they drip again. Any help will be highly appreciated. The plumber that knows out apartment block well is away till te end of the week

Any help will be highly appreciated

u7anatej.jpg
e2emygug.jpg
ry4u4eha.jpg
my5a9a2e.jpg
enede5e9.jpg
7ysa5ena.jpg

Wrap a towel around it and get that guy in soon as hes back.

thats a world of pain if you start playing.
infact i don't even know what that pushfit is!!!

infact i don't even know what that pushfit is!!!

It looks like DM to me. Normally only seen on flexi tap conns.

Agree with Killy Bing above - if there is a guy who is used to it, then get him in ASAP.

Did you fill in and send off you Lifetime Guarantee when you purchased the column? If you did then Kohler should call and fix it for free. If they can't repair it they should replace it with the new style column.
The push fit connections are the old style John Guest 10mm fittings. The new style are a lot bulkier so sometimes not enough room to fit them but you can remove the O rings from the new fittings and use them in the old fittings. Daryl never used pipe inserts as this reduces the flow too much.
The part that is broken is known as a spline connector and I believe they still have them in stock. Ring them again and ask them, best to replace all three (temp, flow and diverter) at the same time. If you dont have any luck PM me and I will see if I have one, they sent me a few years ago and I probably still have them.
Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kohler daryl shower temperature mixer broken in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock