Search the forum,

Discuss Just did a 12 hour jobbing day without a break, at pace. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
My conclusion: I don't have a clue how anyone would be able to do it for more than one a few days without dying. I know very few people do, but some must.

what did you do?

It's not so bad if you are young and reasonably fit.
I used to love really hard graft. Didn't matter how tired I was - by the next morning I had recovered. Now an 8 hour day kills me unless it is easy wee jobs
I am just home at after 7 tonight, completely knackered. I can no longer work hard for a few days in a row.

Last edited:
As they say, - Only Fools and Horses work.
....and some plumbers.

I used to do that from September through to April. That's the reason I don't want to go back on the books.

occasionally, the blue and orange machine launches at night, does it bit and you end up with a long tow home finishing about 8am, just in time to go to work. In order to keep a customer base I normally carry out all the days appointments, go home cancel the next days work and sleep....................... thank gaud it only happens once a year or so :)

Up north a 12 hour day is a mornings work, its 9:30pm now and I've just got in.... ÂŁ5 a day and thrashed to sleep.

Slightly related to the thread, - Looking around at other people, (those that actually do work), - how many of them do long hours or seem to work hard? Very few percent I think actually know what it's like

Come 5:00pm all the office based rat runners are queing up on the roads to get home to Pointless, never done a proper days work in their lives..

Sod doing a full day, unless you have to. Ive done enough of them!

To be fair I don't start till 9:00/9:30am but I do finish around 7:00pm or later. It suits me, I'd love to start at 7am but just can't do it. I'm terrible in a morning...

Being young & stupid did 7 to 7 Mon - Thurs, 7 to 4 Fridays and 7 to 3 on Saturdays for 5yrs, reached the point I didn`t know what day of the week it was.

To be fair I don't start till 9:00/9:30am but I do finish around 7:00pm or later. It suits me, I'd love to start at 7am but just can't do it. I'm terrible in a morning...

same but half the time i cant get into places until 9-9.30am but otheres im in at 5am

What noise can you make at 5am, is this commercial?

yea only time you can get in other than from 9pm till 7am

only did it for a few months when I was getting going in this business, used to relief milk for a local farmer, up at 4.30 milking at 5.00 finished at 8.45 and off for a days property maintenance/plumbing. or do the evening shift aafter work and weekend am and pm. The best customers I ever had, all 250 of them.

i used to leave home at 7 for work at 8, do a backboiler to combi conversion with vertical flue, all flushed and tested and back home for 8pm. did that for nearly 2 years. My concience at throwing the work in got the better of me and i quit. i thought that was hard work - the young lad doing the house next to me had it all done by dinnertime!!!!

i used to leave home at 7 for work at 8, do a backboiler to combi conversion with vertical flue, all flushed and tested and back home for 8pm. did that for nearly 2 years. My concience at throwing the work in got the better of me and i quit. i thought that was hard work - the young lad doing the house next to me had it all done by dinnertime!!!!

When I worked for iguana that was a short day for me.

If I was lucky I would have a job near me but most of the time I was leaving home at 6-6:15 to be at merchants for 7:30, usually leave merchants about 10 by the time they got the order through, do my days work then leave for home usually 8 at the earliest.

I couldn't just lob everything in and tried to do every job to a good standard.

I couldn't do any of that amount of work now. I'd quit and become a post man.

I dont Usually start till around 9:30 and try to finish at 4:30pm
But If im on a good paying job and need to get the work done, I can start at Half 8 and work till 6pm without stopping or having lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just did a 12 hour jobbing day without a break, at pace. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock