Search the forum,

Discuss isolation valve for1 inch stainless steel pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Between the cold water storage tank in the loft and first-floor airing cupboard is stainless steel pipe installed in 1969

There is no isolating valve near the tank.

I wonder what are my options?

Appreciate all help

Will be true weld not stainless normally compression fittings

1. Probably better to replace with 28 mm copper.
2. You will need to drain, or very securely "bung" the cold water storage cistern.
3. You will need to drain the hot water cylinder:
3a. There should be a drain off point, normally where the cold feed pipe goes into the hot water cylinder.
3b. If there is no drain off point, or it doesn't work (quite likely), then undo the top hot water connection and syphon the contents out of the cylinder from there.

Reply to isolation valve for1 inch stainless steel pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi have surplus water feed and return pipes in my home. I can't isolate them so will need to freeze. House built 1970's. They're as far as can tell Carbon/mild steel pipe, 28mm dia. Wish to cap them off. Can I use brass compression fittings? Like in the pic. Or do I need to use steel fixings...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to turn off 1, 2 & 3. However as you can see I can't turn anything off between the valve and the hot water tank. If I use a bung in the header tank, will...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am looking to replace radiator as the old threaded valve is shot on this old building but it is attached to what looks like 1 inch galvanized steel. I was hoping to freeze the pipe at the bottom (see pic) cut and reduce into 15mm copper, any ideas if there is a suitable adaptor out...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is it ok to use a full bore isolation valve to isolate a hot and cold feed to taps or should I use a service restricted bore. I’m thinking about using a full bore with a handle as my default as I find that most of my customers struggle to muster up a screwdriver to isolate the water when...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock