Search the forum,

Discuss galvanised steel reducer to copper in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys,

I am looking to replace radiator as the old threaded valve is shot on this old building but it is attached to what looks like 1 inch galvanized steel. I was hoping to freeze the pipe at the bottom (see pic) cut and reduce into 15mm copper, any ideas if there is a suitable adaptor out there for this? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20230119_130304.jpg
    20230119_130304.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230119_130304.jpg
    20230119_130304.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 10
You can still get commercial eg steel threaded valves danfoss

1/2 is 3/4 od
3/4 is 1” od

Thanks for quick response guys.

it is definitely 28mm (1 inch), I have a rothenberger pipe freezing kit which has not failed me yet! There are 26 rads on the system so want to avoid drain down! I did have a look a at the old threaded valves to replace but I could not find 1 inch fitting, I was not thinking about the internal diameter so a 28mm should work perfectly. Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers

Thanks for quick response guys.

it is definitely 28mm (1 inch), I have a rothenberger pipe freezing kit which has not failed me yet! There are 26 rads on the system so want to avoid drain down! I did have a look a at the old threaded valves to replace but I could not find 1 inch fitting, I was not thinking about the internal diameter so a 28mm should work perfectly. Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers

3/4” danfoss rad valve

1” measures 11/4 od

Reply to galvanised steel reducer to copper in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock