Search the forum,

Discuss Is This Flexible Pan Connector Fitted Correctly? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a plumber in to replace my old pan connector as it was leaking due to the wax deteriorating.

Now when this toilet clogs up (which is a separate issue), it leaks from somewhere at the back. I can't tell where it's from but can tell for sure it's not from the water inlet or the toilet side of the pan connector.

I've had a look at the back and noticed that to my eye it seems like the pan connector isn't pushed all the way into the soil pipe. Aren't those the seals that should be in the pipe where I've drawn the arrow?

Attachments

• IMG_4823.jpg
    IMG_4823.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 24

Reply to Is This Flexible Pan Connector Fitted Correctly? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock