Discuss is this correct? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
In France it is the customers responsibility to ensure the tradesman you pay are accredited, failure could result in a hefty fine, maybe not such a bad idea?

Not as daft as they seem then :)

I can see OFTEC reading this thread and taking notes.

NOT.

OK lets call them in by sending a link, I'm happy to go first just bear in mind one email is about as effective as one snowflake in winter.

Join in and see if we get any response.

its true that OFTEC seems to be all stick and no carrot right now.. its putting your head over the parapet at entirely your own expense.
however, its really the only well known oily organisation so... no choice with public credibility.

No OFTEC required in Scotland it's totally voluntary can commission using CD/10 form supplied with boiler....brum

No OFTEC required in Scotland it's totally voluntary can commission using CD/10 form supplied with boiler....brum
I know - great ain't it. I did the course & exams for peace of mind in case I ever had to demonstrate competency - but it's a lot less faff and cost not being forced to register. I'm told that you do need OFTEC registration to sign off work for the council (not that I've ever done it).

Think the free manufacturers training courses require you to be OFTEC to participate although not quite sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to is this correct? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock