Discuss Is C&G Level 2 Technical qualification worth anything? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CarlH

I have read somewhere on these sites that the qualification you get from training with BTSC isn't a full qualification, way too many pages to go through the BTSC thread again to find it. So if anyone knows the answer to this please can you let me know as I'm going back to Manchester in 2 weeks so want to know facts before complaining.
One of the statements I read was that the big companies won't recognise these qualifications?
Any help/advice would be appreciated thanks.

it is not that the tec 2 is not recognised or not worth anything it is that it is the bottom rung on your way to being a plumber.so if you have no practical plumbing experience companies will not employ you.times are hard in the building industry so employers can pick and chose

Ok thanks David. I will be starting my Tech Level 3 soon before going onto upgrading them ti NVQs - via on the job assessments. So eventually do you think it'll be a worthwhile qualification? Obviusly experinece is essentail what imean is it worth the same as a collage qualification once I've done - not sure if I misread in the other thorum and like i said above way to many pages to go through again!

its all part of your progress to becomeing a plumber ,keep learning and good luck

hi Carl

i trained at btsc manchester,

yes the c&g level 2 is the bottom rung. this qualification basically says you can identify the basics of plumbing systems and have been taught how to install a basic bathroom suite.

only when you have the nvq level 2 with proven workplace assessments in real houses do the qualifications begin to mean anything.

i've got my 2 and 3 nvq and unvented and wras tickets and i'm self employed and doing ok....not rich but not starving either.

stick with it, don't take short cuts, study like mad, work for friends and relatives for the experience. read these forums cos you will pick up lots of tips and advice which will stand you in good stead. ask loads of questions even if you think they are silly otherwise how will you learn?

good luck mate

KJ

Kay-Jay
Cheers for your input. when did you finish in BTSC? I'm definately studying hard I've become a bit of a plumbing nerd lol getting a few odd jobs in will be doing my WRAS, Unvented etc soon and got a few bathrooms lined up. How did you go about gaining your NVQ3? Do you need to be working with a full qual plumber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is C&G Level 2 Technical qualification worth anything? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back