Search the forum,

Discuss Irwin Hilmor pipe bender and Irwin Hilman GLM Pipe Bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
They look the same, £30/£40 difference in price.

What's the difference? (and don't say £30/£40!!!)

Thanks all

hilman is a misprint in screwfix catalogue and also the pictures have been swapped. you want the yellow hilmor one.<br><br>the other one in the picture is 'forge steel or some such cheapy

Last edited by a moderator:
need to replace the dots with screwfix

Thank you

So th emore expensive one is the one I need?

if you read the discriptions on the website they are all over the place, the hilmor one says bends 15mm ss and 12,15,18mm copper? and the others says for 15mm ss and 22mm copper. who writes these descriptions? i would make sure you are getting what you think you are.

i would not pay that much for a hilmor bender.

Last edited:
i think you can find them for about £50-55 if you search, i saw one on amazon recently for £52+ postage. i brought mine from B&Q for £49 a year or two ago.

Yep, just got brand new Hilmor in box, all instructions, collected in person to save a few quid, £30.

V Happy.

Thanks all.

Remember having a laugh at an apprenitice's expense - gave him a piece of 1/2" steel pipe and a hand pipe bender and asked him to put a 90 degree in

I got a refurbished hilmor from justbendit.co.uk on ebay, it's like brand new. They were the last manufacturers of hilmor benders in the UK and they say their formers are improved since they did Hilmors for smoother bending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Irwin Hilmor pipe bender and Irwin Hilman GLM Pipe Bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock