Search the forum,

Discuss Irwin Hilmor pipe bender and Irwin Hilman GLM Pipe Bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
They look the same, £30/£40 difference in price.

What's the difference? (and don't say £30/£40!!!)

Thanks all

hilman is a misprint in screwfix catalogue and also the pictures have been swapped. you want the yellow hilmor one.<br><br>the other one in the picture is 'forge steel or some such cheapy

Last edited by a moderator:
need to replace the dots with screwfix

Thank you

So th emore expensive one is the one I need?

if you read the discriptions on the website they are all over the place, the hilmor one says bends 15mm ss and 12,15,18mm copper? and the others says for 15mm ss and 22mm copper. who writes these descriptions? i would make sure you are getting what you think you are.

i would not pay that much for a hilmor bender.

Last edited:
i think you can find them for about £50-55 if you search, i saw one on amazon recently for £52+ postage. i brought mine from B&Q for £49 a year or two ago.

Yep, just got brand new Hilmor in box, all instructions, collected in person to save a few quid, £30.

V Happy.

Thanks all.

Remember having a laugh at an apprenitice's expense - gave him a piece of 1/2" steel pipe and a hand pipe bender and asked him to put a 90 degree in

I got a refurbished hilmor from justbendit.co.uk on ebay, it's like brand new. They were the last manufacturers of hilmor benders in the UK and they say their formers are improved since they did Hilmors for smoother bending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Irwin Hilmor pipe bender and Irwin Hilman GLM Pipe Bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Irwin pipe bender has lost the retaining nut for the central bolt and the 12mm we have on site aren't the right pitch. Does anyone know what type of 12mm nut to get? Irwin don't, I've asked. No replaceable parts on their benders.
Replies
Views
Hello I'm looking at the different pipes for UFH, the prices vary a lot and I'm not sure about the differences between the products. I'm doing two zones, one 127m the other 70m, both will be under screed. JG barrier pipe will cost £400 but Pert-Evoh-Pert is only £170. Both say they are 15mm...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I should be going 10-60 degs in 30-40 mins by my maths. Don't even mention trying to heat HW and CH at the same time. 30 mins with the immersion adds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just discovered that my bath overflow drain pipe is not connected as the flexible drain tube looks like it has been cut off at some point. After studying...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock