Search the forum,

Discuss Intergas boiler, help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ezki1

Hi everybody,
so I had my brand new intergas boiler fitted a few weeks ago, all working fine until I wanted to set up the timer as going away in a few days. My intentions was for it just to set it up to come on for couple of hours of the morning and evening. With the instructions missed place I'd thought to have a quick look to see how easy it was to set up. So I gathered with it being on c-on that works by calling for heat from the wireless thermistate, t-on would be the timer, so just needed to figure out how to put times into, thought I'd come back to that after I've found the instructions,
since then, ( couple of days ago ) leaving the boiler in c-on mode I've noticed the boiler coming on in the morning and evening, not sure for how long but the thermistate is set very low and not calling for gas but boiler still heating up the radiators. Tonight I've now left in off mode as heat is not needed for next 12hrs or so.
could somebody tell me what I've done.
also is it easy to programme the times in, I.e to come on at 7 am and turn off at 8am then on at 1900 and off at 2000.
also is it normal to get a clunking noise from boiler now and again even when it's not been on.
thanks in advance.
neil.

Look on line for instructions on controller , is this a programmable room stat that you have & what make & Model is it

The thermistate is salus rt300 rf, none programmable type.
The boiler is hre 28/24. I've checked instructions and nothing to say why rads on when thermistate not calling for heat.

Then get installer back, for some reason boiler is picking up a power supply, fault with wiring or another control

The rt300 is non programmable. You will have to set it to a temp (higher than ambient) and then set the boiler timer( presuming it has one from what you desctibe) to the desired time.
If its coming on then 1 of 2 things are happening.

1.Interference simply change the channel on rt300. You can do this of call the installer.
2. You have set the timer on the boiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw if you are away for any period of time, set your room stat to a low temp say 10 degrees and the boiler onto constant or c. then when it freezes outside at 2 in the morning the boiler will come on, keep your house warm upto 10 degrees and prevent burst pipes, this wont happen if you set it at twice a day, only speaking from experience and seeing several flooded houses

The rt300 has a frost protect feature built in.
Press and hold the snowflake to activate

trouble is they work at around 5 degrees, by that time pipework has pften frozen near outside walls, from what i have come across

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intergas boiler, help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock