Search the forum,

Discuss Installing New Downstairs Toilet / Drainage Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyr75

Hi All,

I am wanting to fit a new downstairs toilet and have identified an ideal location for it to go in the downstairs hallway.
Question is about the drainage. The existing setup on the drive which is adjacent to the new location is as follows:
Main sewer is 8m away running along the rear of the houses. I have a branch from the sewer on a T which is 4" clay which goes to a gulley with a rodding eye on the end of the pipe run.
My plan was to remove the existing gulley and rodding eye and using a clay / plastic adaptor, fit a new plastic gulley on a swept T, extending the run by 3m to the new toilet with a T and then a new rodding eye on the end.
Is this an acceptable way of connecting it up?
Will I have any potential for smells etc?
Also if acceptable, do I need an AAV in the toilet which will also take the waste from the WHB.
Hope this makes sense!
Andy

the best thing to do is have a word with building control at your local council as they will have to pass it in the end anyway

steve

wont it be drafty sat on the throne with the front door open and postie staring in!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing New Downstairs Toilet / Drainage Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock