Search the forum,

Discuss installing a flue pipe for a aga. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_d_o_t

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

need a little advice, i have been asked to install a flue for a AGA, the location of the AGA is in the centre of the house and due to conservation can not be external.

the builder has informed me that he wants me to install a twin wall flue pipe through the house and exit through the roof.

is there anything i need to look at or to take into consideration regarding passing through floors and ceilings ect

and also as a gas safe registered engineer am i allowed to install the flue?

any advise appreciated.

Thanks Nick

have you looked at a power flue, easy option only a small outlet. your builders option is bleedin expensive, need fire stops on each floor, if you've not worked on aga installs before, be careful, if it hasnt been built properly in the first place who is responsible for the complete in stall, why hasnt the aga installer done the flue? if the builder has put it in himself, just walk away, seriously walk away it will end badly. Only advising this as I cant understand why an aga installer wouldnt do the complete job, it is what you would pay them to do. If it is second hand and been transported in on a pallet, run away screaming, it definitely is at risk of being a nightmare.............

If you haven;t worked with selkirk flue or similar before, I wouldn't start on this job, your looking at £150 a length and you dont want to be ordering to much/little or getting it wrong ( my own external twin wall flue cost £1500 13 years back). You will also need to install vitreous enamel pipework off the aga and ensure the correct draft diverter is fitted off the aga and depending on the building position you may need a damper device to counteract high wind effects over the flue. Still want this job as a first time one?

i seen the power flue in a M.I for a AGA but the ones i got sent out there is no mention.... would it be compatible with the "3 oven AGA (GC3) only" model?

Well.... the AGA was removed by a AGA engineer and taken it out in pieces, reason for our refusal to install it, however the Aga engineer who took it out funny enough only connects them up and dose not get involved in the flue,

the builder is doing a full house renovation and as I sub for all the plumbing and heating works this has been dropped on my toes ha

probably not, compatible with power flue as a 3 oven version if its older. looks like your taking on someone else's install ......................

Normally you would have a flue in situ and get them to connect it all up and test it. get hold of the correct aga manual, flue spec will be in it, follow it to the t re rise in vitreous enamel lengths and bends, get the joints the correct way up.selkirk flues are good for twinwall, and follow their spec to the t as well, use fire stops around flue through the floors and ceilings. get the aga installer back to commission it, after all he should be the one to sign it off and take responsibility for all the new gaskets inside he should have used!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to installing a flue pipe for a aga. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock