Search the forum,

Discuss Installation requirements for Fatstrippa in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thedivvy3

Hi, I have just seen 2 Fatstrippa's installed at a place I often work at and am surprised at the drains smell since it was installed. As it's the quiet season for the business the kitchens are not being used very much so the daily maintenance is not being carried out and I appreciate this could be a contributory factor. That said I wondered if the smell could in part be attributed to the way it was installed as it has not had a water trap fitted on the outlet.

The Fatstrippa lid does not in my opinion provide a good seal like a water trap so I am suspicious a lot of the smell is from the drains rather than the Fatstrippa itself.

Should these sort of units be fitted with water traps on the outlet and as the outlet pipe is 50mm is it possible to get a water trap for 50mm pipe?

Cheers
Guy

I assume by fatstrippa you mean a grease trap. The grease trap (or fatstrippa) should provide the seal from the drains if it has been installed properly. Get the plumber back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installation requirements for Fatstrippa in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, I had a new kitchen installed and I have noticed since that there is a sewage smell that is very noticeable first in the morning. I m thinking it’s the trap seal, looking like it’s an S trap rather than a P trap that could be causing the water level to drop overnight. Any advice please ?
Replies
Views
Hey, forum friends! 👋 Excited to introduce Master Drain Ltd, your go-to expert for top-notch drain installation and repair services. Here's what sets us apart: 🔧 Seamless Installation: When it comes to drain installation, precision is key. Our skilled team at Master Drain Ltd ensures that your...
Replies
Views
My house is on a block foundation. It needs to be dug around outside and resealed. Estimate was over $30k so that is not an option. When the block fills with water it drains to a sub pump that goes to the septic tank. This was filling the tank so we rerouted to another tank that pumps to the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock