Search the forum,

Discuss Install dishwasher OR washing machine opposite sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnthePainter

Hi folks.

I have a relatively small kitchen with a washing machine next to the sink. I want to put a dishwasher in but the only place for it is opposite the sink. This raises a few issues with how the dishwasher waste pipe would work...

1) Would it be better to put the washing machine opposite the sink and put the dishwasher next to the sink and run a 3-4m washing machine waste (those flexi accordion wastes) along the floor under the cabinets and then up to the waste trap under the sink?

2) Would it be better to put a larger waste standing pipe in and run this to the trap? Is a larger diameter better to prevent clogging?

3) Any other suggestions?

Thanks, folks.

I would never run either of those appliances 3 - 4 metres under cabinets then up to a trap.

However, I would run those distances if the waste was brought up high behind the appliance and had a constant fall into the trap.

I would never run either of those appliances 3 - 4 metres under cabinets then up to a trap.

However, I would run those distances if the waste was brought up high behind the appliance and had a constant fall into the trap.

yes same for me

yes same for me

Thanks both. Would you suggest running a standard 32mm waste pipe from the applicance at a height OR just the normal hose that comes with the applicable (albeit longer) at a height?

Agree with the above, I've phoned a couple of appliance manufacturers about this very problem, they both said the waste needs to initially rise then fall all the way to the drain.
I asked Ariston if this would affect the warranty, they said it wouldn't invalidate the warranty as long as the total run of the flexi hose wasn't too long, when pushed they said no more than 5m but to be honest I think they plucked that number out of the air because they didn't sound sure.
If you're concerned about a warranty, phone the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Install dishwasher OR washing machine opposite sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing a new kitchen which will have a dishwasher and washing machine. As I'm cutting/teeing into the cold mains 15mm pipe (before...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Need to plumb in a new washing machine. The room has a sink and toilet one one side, and at the other end of the room, enough space for washing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock