Search the forum,

Discuss Inspection Camera Bargain? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
004.jpg

£70 in Lidl ^

Any good????

Dunno, didn't get one but I did drag one out the box for a nose. The unit itself is really light but the flexible rod seemed nice and sturdy. There's no slot for an SD card so you can't record or save images or video, not sure if it has a playback function built in though.

Anyone reckon it's worth £70?

I could really do with one be nice to know

I could really do with one be nice to know

It does come with a decent guarantee so I'm considering it but these types of things don't come along often in Lidl and usually get snapped up quickly. If you want one I'd get down there quick, they do get other decent stuff in from time to time, well worth a look-in if you're passing one.

Gotta go past one in a mo. ill have a nose. Cheers

Gotta go past one in a mo. ill have a nose. Cheers

I did pick one of these up from there for storing my fittings (for my future home office), only £20.

They were next to the cameras.

It'll stay that neat for 10 mins :yesnod:

Kudos :clap: I had something similar on my workbench in the garage and that lasted maybe a day before I "struck"

Just got one today ! very good clear picture thought for £70 would give it a go, (Comes of tax at end of year) will see how it go's over next few mths .

Cheers JTS I think that's swung it

I got a nice titan one for £60 with 2 meters of inspection cable to boot!

Have not used it as much as I would like though . . .

Thought I'd try this one from Lidl , could have done with one last week for a small job , this came up for £70 with a 3 year warranty so may get some use from it !!

Thought I'd try this one from Lidl , could have done with one last week for a small job , this came up for £70 with a 3 year warranty so may get some use from it !!

So can you pause/capture an image or scroll through several on the handset itself, or is it purely a camera?

Nuts, just seen this I ordered the dewalt inspection camera a couple of days ago (please some on tell me the cheapy isn't up to much!)

Had one since last time they were for sale. Not used it yet but did have a play around. Be good for sticking under the boards to find pipes before lifting more floor, or maybe in boilers to check back of heat exchanger.

brilliant for inspecting sore throat or teeth and looking for the cat under the floor boards.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's trapped the cat under the floor :hammer:

Cat shaped hole in kick board :smilielol5:

I bought a Milwaukee one about 2 years ago! It's rubbish! Only used about 3 or 4 times, and it has never really helped like I hoped It would! It is now faulty too. The picture keeps cutting out, must be a break in the flex somewhere I guess?
The battery is good, never charged it, and still fully charged lol!
My first Milwaukee tool ever. Probs my last too!

I bought a Milwaukee one about 2 years ago! It's rubbish! Only used about 3 or 4 times, and it has never really helped like I hoped It would! It is now faulty too. The picture keeps cutting out, must be a break in the flex somewhere I guess?

It's not made by milwaukee. I have the titan one from screwfix which is identical (£75 bargain). Sounds like you were unlucky.

Do you need to plug that into your laptop?

No, haven't you got the USB attachment on the side of your head so the images are transmitted straight to your brain?!?! ;-)

I've seen these before that can be plugged into a small monitor that is compatible or yes a laptop or MacBook.

Do you need to plug that into your laptop?

yes you do or rather a usb on ipad or laptop as it powers the light.
with this you ccan also make a video.
i have used it down a 3m cavity behind a shower wall and up chimneys, in ceilings under baths etc. the customers are always impressed as it locates where you need to be rather than ripping everything out.
it probably can also be shoved into drains as its waterproof, although i have not tried it yet.
you will need some speed fit to feed it through to give it some rigidity though to reach the 5m cable legnth.
this one has a solid brass body and is around 15mm dia with a protective cap but i think the black ended ones are around 10mm dia!
its a pretty good picture too!.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forgot about your three year warrenty then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inspection Camera Bargain? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock