Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Inley working pressure advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hey chaps, well i have been so busy for the past month that I have not had time to come on the forum. Hope you are all as busy as I.

Any way, down to business

I have just installed a Vailliant 831 combi boiler. Working pressure at meter: 20mb
Working pressure at appliance:16mb

Manufacturers instructions say 16mb is ok.

is it?

The pipe run is 13metres 28mm and 2 meters 22mm, hardly any bends.

It is because of the gas valve.

There is a technical bulletin about this very issue

I think it's been removed now sorry.

It was tb033

Best port of call is now going to be valiant

it's only a 1 MB drop to the appliance your loosing the rest on the gas vv if it gas rates and the emissions are in spec I'd be happy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ok, thanks guys. I shall give vailliant a call tomorrow and see what they say. The gas rate is spot on so am thinking that its all ok.

Can someone give me gas safes tele number? Or where to find it? As I can't seem to find it on their site. The technical side.

Cheers

Just phone the normal number and ask to be put through

Try Bulletin 189. But cannot make out exactly what you are asking? If you have 20mb at the meter and only 16mb at the appliance it seems more likely that the gas pipe is undersized, blocked or badly designed.

working on worcester condensing boilers and there technical bulletin claims.
example 19mbar minimum operating pressure at meter.
pressure loss across pipework 1mbar.
pressure at appliance isolation valve 18mbar.
pressure at appliance test point with 1.5mbar lost through appliance controls 16.5mbar.
so they allow 2.5mbar from meter op to boiler test point op.
hope this helps.

If the appliance inlet pressure where it is usual to test from, is 19mb dynamic then the pipework should be okay. Where are you testing from? The gas valve may well be droppng the pressure as breakdown says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inley working pressure advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock