Search the forum,

Discuss Information/certificate required to operate a Gas Boiler in Scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tturn

Hi everyone,

I am finalising a project and collating o&m information.

I have the below certificate for a combi boiler which is fine (the building's only gas-fed appliance is the 1nr combi-boiler). Is there any other certification typically required before a new tenant takes up a unit in terms of gas appliances?

I.e is this certificate any good without the Gas Safe registered engineer nr?

Many thanks

Tom

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 36
Why is all the info blanked out. Might as well post a copy of a blank document

Hi Scott, it's just because I'm happy enough with the document, and I don't want to highlight that the plumber isn't Gas Safe registered.

I'd like some guidance as to whether there is any other documentation required however.

Thanks

If the plumber isn't gas safe registered then the certificate isn't worth the paper it's printed on,

Definite no no completely illegal for someone to sign something off whilst not qualified.

Please call gas safe and report

Thanks, I suspect the plumber has omitted in error so I will liaise. Apart from this point, what other documents should I be looking for?

Omitted what in error? They're either legal or they're not

Look up the company name on the gas safe website or you're opening yourself up to a heap of trouble

New combi fitted you say ? By the same Plumber no doubt and done for a cut price , Your a Landlord , Plumber is not Gas Safe !
You both need reporting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's a new boiler the benchmark should be completed has he left his number off there too?

All the same, as I said, you can search for the plumber based on business name on gas safe site. Id do it!!!!

Checked, and they are registered. I'll arrange for this certificate to be reissued accordingly.

There we go then. Sorry if we come over a bit hard with our comments re gas safety as we see so many illegal installs which people try and pass off. You understand why we get narked she we think someone is breaking the law

Guys if you read the ops post, he's asking about the LLC not having the gas engineers ID number not his gas safe number. Yes that's all you need so long as his gas safe number is legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Information/certificate required to operate a Gas Boiler in Scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock