Discuss imperial to metric and isolation valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rabu

Hi, just a quick question, should Inline isolation valves be fitted to Hot and cold feed to bath taps? or just basin? asking as i all ready have them on basin but none on bath. Also when going from 3/4" to 22mm do i just need an ordniary 22mm coupling but in one end fit a 3/4" olive? or do i need a special adapter? thanks.

Hi, just a quick question, should Inline isolation valves be fitted to Hot and cold feed to bath taps? or just basin? asking as i all ready have them on basin but none on bath. Also when going from 3/4" to 22mm do i just need an ordniary 22mm coupling but in one end fit a 3/4" olive? or do i need a special adapter? thanks.

Rabu

Yeah its nice when they are fitted to baths as well but the reality is more often and not the bath is missed out. 3/4" to 22 doesn't go quite the same as 15 and 1/2" so you will need a 3/4" to 22mm coupling (never seen 3/4" to 22 iso valves) would use yorkshire ones as apposed to compression presuming your on copper, will look a lot tidier.

hope that helps

yeah, when we had new taps the bath got missed out, so would like to put them on since were replacing bathroom. when you say "3/4 to 22mm coupling" is that a special type of fitting then? cause iv head of people using normal 22mm coupling but with one end having a 3/4 olive in and other 22mm like normal.

You just get a standard 22mm coupling and put a 3/4" olive in one end. You can buy proper 22mm x 3/4" end feed and solder ring fittings also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to imperial to metric and isolation valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock