Search the forum,

Discuss ideal mexico pilot light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

g60rge

Gas Engineer
pilot light goes out in heating mode after 30mins, but stays on for hours in hot water mode. how is this possible?

Could b loadsa things.
Could be boiler running a lot in heating mode in badly ventilated room. Oxygen level drops, pilot light lifts searching for oxygen, flame loses contact with thermocouple and goes out.
Could be dodgy thermocouple.
Cant remember boiler well does it have safety switch in flue or overheat stat through an interupter in thermocouple like Sime atmospherics have.
One of these devices could knock out pilot light.

public room guys lol, but yeh wot spark said , find out when last serviced because me personally id replace the thermo for all the cost and you know yourself replacing the thermocouple means removing the burner so your aswell sticking the hoover in while shes open and clean out injector and check spark etc, then see if problem persists,

Oops, forgot there kris yer right on the giv it a new thermo and clean by d way

The flame lift and duration on heating is not as continuous as how water, simple TC change will probably sort it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal mexico pilot light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock