Discuss Ideal Icos m3080 LE then L8 error code!! Do I repair or replace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eurospike

Hi woke up this morning and no heating :-(. Error code on the boiler was LE, then I reset it and now get error code L8. Have been reading the forums and looks like I need a new PCB and maybe a new fan assy. Plumber is quoting around £500 to replace both parts.
The boiler is about 7-9 years old so should I repair it or fit a new boiler?

The PCB did fail on install apart from that has worked OK.

Other question is could I fit these parts myself as I have fitted a complete central heating system in my last house about 15 years ago? I can get the parts for lees than £200 on ebay.

Any advise would great Thanks :)

I would say get a different engineer first. I doubt it very much that you need a pcb and fan.

pcb and fans are quite common on these i think.

If the display is blank

L9 is over heat

If you look at pressure gauge on flow does the pressure increase when c is displayed on screen?

Sorry l8 Is fan fault.

The ignition electrode (if faulty) can sometimes cause a very strange fault on these boilers. It starts off on a board fault, u replace the pcb, it then gives u a fan fault code, u then change the fan, reset it again and it gives u the pcb fault code again, ideal are aware of this fault. I'm telling u, try the ignition electrode in the 1st instance, it's much cheaper than the other 2 bits. And yes I've had this fault twice in the last yr

The ignition electrode (if faulty) can sometimes cause a very strange fault on these boilers. It starts off on a board fault, u replace the pcb, it then gives u a fan fault code, u then change the fan, reset it again and it gives u the pcb fault code again, ideal are aware of this fault. I'm telling u, try the ignition electrode in the 1st instance, it's much cheaper than the other 2 bits. And yes I've had this fault twice in the last yr

I wouldn't reccomened that the op does the work

Id say you should get a GSR in

I didn't mean that he should mate, I was typing in the 3rd person if u like.
Lol

Hi many thanks for the input from everyone. Now have had the PCB, fan(which was very stiff compared to new one) and the ignition electrode replaced. Now have error code "HE" displayed :-( do you think the new PCB is faulty? Is there anything else that could be replaced? starting to cost me a fortune in parts and labour and no one really know what it could be.

good news boiler working :) the new PCB was faulty got it replaced and all now working Thanks for all the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos m3080 LE then L8 error code!! Do I repair or replace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Folks Me again I am at my wits end. I want to replace the boiler but I am on my backside and cannot afford to. I have been getting an...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
W
Hi all, I've got a bit of a strange issue relating to my Ideal Logic Combi 35 which has recently started displaying a F2 error when trying to use...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
Hi I've come back from a two week holiday to find my Baxi boiler displaying an error. It's a Baxi Ecoblue Advance 19 Heat ERP and the error is a...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock