Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Miscellaneous Error in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I've come back from a two week holiday to find my Baxi boiler displaying an error. It's a Baxi Ecoblue Advance 19 Heat ERP and the error is a red light flashing 6 times. This seems to mean "Miscellaneous" in terms of error codes. A reset is doing nothing.

I've had a plumber out who's immediately pointed to the Central Heating pump in the landing cupboard. In fairness, the pump looks goosed and someone on here once said the washers on it needed replacing so I'm quite ready to believe it needs to go. But he also mentioned that the valve that diverts water to heating, the hot water tank or both (can't remember the name of it) needs replacing too...and this has baffled me because it's only about a year old (both the valve and the electric motor/head that drives it) and when I tested the valve it seems to be working and hasn't seized so I'm just co concerned I'm being conned here. It was quoted close to 500 quid for the new pump, new valve and the installation.

I'm just wondering if:

A) this sounds right/wrong
B) is it likely this is causing the error on the boiler

Thanks!

It might be the boiler they have had a habit of the control / pcb units failing

Reply to Baxi Miscellaneous Error in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock