Discuss Ideal Classic fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foodface

Got called out to look at a boiler that is cutting out intermittently, the boiler always comes on in the morning and is usually set for 18 c in daytime. The problem usually occurs when the customer is calling for more heat at nighttime as they turn it up to 21 c but then the boiler cuts out and does not come back in for hours. Initially I was thinking faulty stat or something along those lines, but when I inspected the boiler I noticed two things.

1. The fans propellers are missing
2. When the boiler is cut of it won't try to go through the inanition process even after reset, but when you tap the control box that houses the gas valve it kicks in, fan runs and hey presto the boiler fires up.

The fan appears to be working OK apart from the missing blades and it has continuity through it, but am torn between a fault on the gas valve or fan fault as maybe the lack of propeller blades is causing it not to run adequately.

What does everyone else think.

Thanks

Foodface.

you wont get any info on this, if you are gsr pm redsaw or gas man your gsr info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Classic fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back