Discuss I really need help with kitchen sink plumbing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Brooke

Hello I’m not going to explain this very well but I will try my best. I’m planning on installing a kitchen sick by myself with no plumbing experience. I will be going from a double sink to a single basin. The part im having trouble figuring out is how to put the pipes back together with the garbage disposal now being on a middle drain. My current plan now is to cut the length of the horizontal arm pipe to be shorter to compensate for it moving from the right to the middle of the sink opening. I would then use a 90 degree elbow and a straight coupling to attach to the ptrap. Is this something that makes sense and would work? I’ve mostly seen disposal pipes that attach to the disposal and then go down rather than across like mine would but I can’t figure out how I’d attach that type of drainage pipe to the pipe in the wall. Really I just want to know if my idea will work or if I’ll make future plumbers cry. Thanks!

Reply to I really need help with kitchen sink plumbing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed...
Replies
Views
Hello - I really need some solid advice. I recently purchased a home that has started having an awful smell coming from kitchen sink. I've cleaned...
Replies
Views
This is the only place I can fit a washing machine in my new kitchen. The drainage pipe would have to go approx. 5 m - is this okay or will it...
Replies
Views
Hello all, The kitchen sink in the property we are renting drains really slowly, and I was hoping to remedy or alleviate this with some educated...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock