Discuss I hear The Grid are trying to recruit again ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they only take on agency workers for cover during the winter Via Balfour beatty now it was Enterprise last year ...unless you heard different

Getting rid of all the old contract staff and not replacing them as no one wants the new contracts , then in winter employ agy staff. "Dynamic business"

My contacts tell me that due to the introduction of..err...different T&C's,many members of the in ohuse workforce have hung up their spanners and left and there is now a looming crisis of lack of experienced manpower in some areas...How much would you want gross pa for the job ?

What terms have they changed .................the lads I know retire at 55 on full pension...

they have shipped alot of work the suppliers way so should need less labour.

Over time less, standby payment gone. Weekends don't always work on rotation and oh less money!

That isnt quite correct. For those with legacy DB pensions they can ask to retire at 55-60 with the company's permission and with a reduced pension.

I'm told they have restructured shift patterns so that they get paid less for working a shift. Also overtime is not a given,,you have to seek permission for it and cant just work on. If you do end up working on because you get stuck on a job and havent sought pre-authoristion,you get paid nowt. Also as they have cut back shift patterns, they have increased standby but instead of paying a retainer plus premia for hours worked they get a flat fee of £60 for being on call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I hear The Grid are trying to recruit again ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the...
Replies
Views
Hello Wondering if anyone can offer any clues please // Potterton Promax 18 // Had an E1 error code, repressurised via with filling loop //...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower...
Replies
Views
Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock