Discuss I have gas central heating served by a valiant boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tina

When I'm in bed at night I hear what sounds like a tank being filled every 30 minutes or so when I checked my water meter water is being used throughout the night ...any ideas what this is

I,ve looked for leaks and running water but can't find any my bedroom is above my bathroom so the noise seems to come from below

No I have a bath sink and separate shower in there nothing seems wrong in there

As i only seems to hear this happen at night when I'm in bed and the heating is off could it be anything to do with the outlet pipe that goes from the boiler to the drain ?

It is possible but unlikely, this would also happen during the day. I would expect a leak but what throws me is the fact you say it fills every half hour or so, this if the sound is beneath you suggests the toilet as it would need to be a ball valve filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I have gas central heating served by a valiant boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock