Search the forum,

Discuss How to remove these shower screw fittings from the pipes? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm retiling my bathroom, and so everything in this photo minus the copper pipes must be removed.

Anyone familiar with these screw fittings that go over the pipes? They have filed down areas to get an adjustable spanner in there to turn them, but when I grip the copper pipe and the screw fitting, it just turns and turns without any sign of coming loose.

Do I just have to give up and saw off the pipe and get new ones? A major job as then I'll have to make a big hole in the wall to joint in new copper pipe.

Attachments

• 1681406433456.jpg
    1681406433456.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 17
You have to undo the chrome bit and remove the olive chances are you might need to renew the pipe through the wall depending on the loom of it where the olive was etc

Steady the brass backplate and then turn the bush fitting. If you need x2 hands, then screw brass backplate back on and undo the bush fitting.
You have to undo the chrome bit and remove the olive chances are you might need to renew the pipe through the wall depending on the loom of it where the olive was etc
Thanks for the response. But I'll need some more details.

If I turn the chrome thread body with respect to the copper pipe, it does turn, but any attempt to move it forward or backward along the pipe goes nowhere.

I'm assuming there is an olive in there somewhere but it's not visible from the front. It just looks like the chrome body goes all the way onto the copper.

Remove the chrome piece entirely off the brass backplate you will see the olive

Remove the chrome piece entirely off the brass backplate you will see the olive
Thanks - that was the complete info I needed.

Got everything off. Sadly, so fused on was everything that in getting it all off one of the pipes got so scarred / out of shape that the push-fit plug-end I fitted to last while doing all the tiling work doesn't fully seal. So after all that it's likely I'll need to replace the pipe through the wall. Very little margin was made by the plumber that fitted this (new build house only 4 years ago).

Reply to How to remove these shower screw fittings from the pipes? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock