Search the forum,

Discuss How to remove a Semi Pedestal (no bolts showing) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Anj

Hi I hope you can help me I’m going tomorrow to a house with a semi pedestal basin installation from the photographs sent to me by the tenants I cannot see any bolt fittings to remove the semi pedestal cover.
Does this mean that the semi pedestal cover must be supported by spring clips (like Vitra sanitaryware)?
If so How do I remove the semi pedestal, do I simply just pull it downwards and then will that let me access the spring clips to unhook them?
Will I need replacement spring clips what I’m thinking is that by pulling it down I may distort the spring?

thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• 4B0462EB-BA00-4769-9158-A86859815D71.jpeg
    4B0462EB-BA00-4769-9158-A86859815D71.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 19
Not sure because I don't recognise the exact model, but I think you'll probably find a couple of nuts hidden up 'under and behind' the basin. Stacken them to loosen the basin enough to lift it slightly and then jiggle and slide the pedestal off its mountings to reveal the plumbing. Much easier with two people. Be careful not to drop it as it'll be surprisingly heavy.

Last edited:
Not sure because I don't recognise the exact model, but I think you'll probably find a couple of nuts or hex head bolts hidden up 'under and behind' the basin. Stacken them to loosen the basin enough to lift it slightly and then jiggle and slide the pedestal off its mountings to reveal the plumbing. Much easier with two people. Be careful not to drop it as it'll be surprisingly heavy.

thanks all for the replies. Numpty tenant when sending me photos didn’t see the two spring hooks at the side of the semi-ped just under the basin. Pulled them with a pliers and the semi ped is off. Good advice as I had help - defo a two person job. Those springs are mighty tough though - it’ll be a pig to get this thing back on. By the way this is a Vitra basin and their semiped basins all seem to come with a spring.

Thanks All!

Reply to How to remove a Semi Pedestal (no bolts showing) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock