Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How to fix leak with too much ptfe tape in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Adam davis

Both Tiny leak on bot new fits on the metal nuts. Did i use too much ptfe tape. I used 2 wrap arounds. The nuts won't tighten anymore. Could i remove the exposed ptfe tape and if so would the nut then continue to tighten and is this a ok thing to do. I should have used 1 wrap around i know now.

Reply to How to fix leak with too much ptfe tape in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi Just fitted a new towel radiator in my en-suit. Unfortunately it's leaking from the tail piece you screw into the bottom of the rad. I wound...
Replies
Views
There's a leak in the ceiling of my Dad's living room which is on the ground floor and has a bedroom directly above it...
Replies
Views
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock