Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Radiator tail pieces in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Just fitted a new towel radiator in my en-suit.
Unfortunately it's leaking from the tail piece you screw into the bottom of the rad. I wound round about 4 layers of PTFE tape too. I have since taken it off and wound round 8-9 layers and it screwed up nice and snug but still leaks from both sides and definitely from that join.
I watched a couple of YouTube videos and they screw the tail piece all the way until it stops but mine doesn't bottom out if I carried on the nut would fall into the rad so it's only sealed with the tape. Would a paste be worth adding?.

20-22 wraps required

Ptfe

Reply to Leaking Radiator tail pieces in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi I have a monobloc mixer tap which is 18mths old. a leak appeared underneath in the cupboard which looked to be coming from the flexi tail M8 end I replaced the new tails but when connecting up (hand tight)the leak is worse, is this a tail issue or could it be a cartridge perhaps, I have used...
Replies
Views
Hi, One of the tails for our basin tap was leaking slightly; I was never sure if the leak was from the flexible or from the join to the tap. The flexible tail in question had been screwed in so tightly that the braiding was damaged in several places. A real struggle to get the old tails out, but...
Replies
Views
Fitted a towel radiator today, I ptfe taped the radiator tails, and after installation noticed the tails were leaking a tiny amount. So de-fitted, and smeared loctite 577 on the radiator tail threads. Reassembled, refitted and now wondering how long I have to wait until pressurising the system...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock