Search the forum,

Discuss How to connect the back boiler to the radiators in a Static Caravan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

farmer333

Hi All,

This is my first post here and for a very specific problem. I will be moving into a type of static caravan in about a month, it is the type that travel in two halves and join together to make a roughly square footprint. There is a wood burner already fitted, with a back boiler that is not plumbed in. There are five radiator installed, with a hot water pump on the system. No one has been living in it for a while, the pump does not work so needs replacing.

I would like to get the radiators going as it will be winter when I get there, but not sure how it should be connected. The back boiler has four open connections, two either side at the top and two either side at the bottom. From what I understand the flow would connect to the top then through the radiators pushed by the pump, then return to the connection on the bottom on the opposite side...

What I do not understand is how do I make the system safe, for example, what happens if the fire is going and there is a power cut or the pump fails for some reason? Also I am guessing there should be some level of pressure required for the pump to operate properly, how do I check this, there is a valve to put water into the circuit but no way of knowing when it is enough.

Can anyone help me with this, I am moving in about five weeks, and can post any pics needed.

Thanks in advance,

Liam

Liam

You've correctly identified there's a safe way of doing this. DIY isn't one of them I'm afraid.

Ask around, get 3 or 4 quotes then come back to us for advice as to the best offer you have.

These ones are definitely best tackled by qualified pros, as you have noticed its easy to make this type of system dangerous or inneffective.

Have a look on the HETAS website for a local wet qualified installer, or post up in the looking for a plumber section on here and one of the local members may be able to help you.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to connect the back boiler to the radiators in a Static Caravan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock