Discuss How much for your Plumbing non employed 6129 Technical Certificate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bumping this to bring all contributors to the attention of all the threads we have on our forums about Train 4 Trade Skills.

There have been A LOT of people who feel they have been missold courses by Train 4 Trade Skills. Many taking legal action.

Please see this for electrical course threads on our sparky forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958
This for plumbing course threads on our plumbing forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958

Hello,

I am currently working towards my C&G 6035 Diploma in plumbing studies level 3. Which has now replaced the old C&G 6129 domestic plumbing studies level 3.

I have completed the Renewable technology unit, and now started on the core domestic gas priciples unit. Does anybody have any pass papers on Gas Safety & Appliances or even renewable.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thansk

Mohammed

Hello,

I am currently working towards my C&G 6035 Diploma in plumbing studies level 3. Which has now replaced the old C&G 6129 domestic plumbing studies level 3.

I have completed the Renewable technology unit, and now started on the core domestic gas priciples unit. Does anybody have any pass papers on Gas Safety & Appliances or even renewable.

Many thansk

Mohammed
Hi Mohammed
How is it going ? I would be interested in what the syllabus is like for the 6035 at Level 3, as I was told it is likely to follow that of the 6189 NVQ but without the onsite assessments. We have done all the core units first, cold, hot, heating, sanitation, electrical & a small one about organising resources (in the first year or so) & then only do what you are doing in the second year.
Because it is a new course there is nothing available even the books for the gas in the 6189 are not due out until July next year I think? The old 6129 L3 JTL book was not at all bad for the gas theory, it would be worth getting, if you can get one cheap.

Hi Mohammed
How is it going ? I would be interested in what the syllabus is like for the 6035 at Level 3, as I was told it is likely to follow that of the 6189 NVQ but without the onsite assessments. We have done all the core units first, cold, hot, heating, sanitation, electrical & a small one about organising resources (in the first year or so) & then only do what you are doing in the second year.
Because it is a new course there is nothing available even the books for the gas in the 6189 are not due out until July next year I think? The old 6129 L3 JTL book was not at all bad for the gas theory, it would be worth getting, if you can get one cheap.

The level 3 contains the same core units but does not have anywhere near the depth of the 6189.

Hello,

Many thansk

Mohammed

where are you doing your L3 at ?

Hello again,

I'm studying my C&G 6035 Diploma in plumbing studies level 3 at Trafford College. I would suggest for those who are waiting for the NEW JTL book to use to 6129 BOOK & QUESTIONS and the only difference is the new unit Renewable Awareness exam. I was told by my tutor that City and guilds have took out alot of Gas practicle work and the practical portfolio is small. But hopefully the course tutors will allow you do do the practicle side too.

My question is. Hopefully if I get an apprenticeship I was told by my tutor that there will still be some core units to continue on to the 6189 ? I am confused slighly help!

Hi

Can somebody email me some exam practice papers for unit Core Domestic Gas Principles.

Please reply

6035 plumbing cheers

What are you saying the issue is exactly?

Your original question was who on here has completed the 6129!?!

In your opinion (which we are all entitled to our own, be them wide & varied) are you questioning the credibility of the course?

Whilst others on here may have many many years of experience, be it on housing development sites, domestic call outs or even commercial. There are others like myself who have gone down the route of the 6129. I did it as the career I had chosen previously, had sadly not been successful for me so wanted to learn a trade as I consider myself to be a "practical" skills person. I was too old to be able to do an apprenticeship so I chose the 6129.

It worked perfectly for me. 6 weeks, 5 days a weeks, 8-5 for £2000+ which came out of my own pocket.

I am currently self employed, in my 3rd year of business & have never looked back. It was one of the best decisions I made! It's been tough at times but ultimately I am 100% happy with my final career choice!

I say as long as people are willing to put the effort in & not just expect a jolly, then good luck to them. We need to get people back working somehow, as in the long run it will benefit us all. This generation & the next!

Well said mate

Hello everybody

I have completed my C&G 6129 Basic Plumbing Studies Level 2.

I have received the following certificates

The main certificate with all the exams
The final gola certificate
Then certificate which has got (APHC) on it

I am yet to receive another 11 certificates for each indiviudal exam example Central heating system (pipework only) etc....

Please reply back thank you

Hi when did you recieve all your certificates ive only had my gola one so far

Local College (University status) 2 nights a week for 2 years! One night theory with lecturer, one night with full time plumber and Workshop technician, plus theory home work!
£500 year one, £500 year 2 plus £300 NVQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much for your Plumbing non employed 6129 Technical Certificate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Vacancies within our Plumbing Team at City College Norwich Full time, £23.789 - £34,606 per annum dependant on appointment An exciting...
Replies
Views
M
I completed a C&G 6129 technical certificate in plumbing around 5 years ago as a mature student. From searching the web i understand this...
Replies
Views
Mike Parkin
M
hi all! I’m currently a serving police officer but want to train for a plumbing qualification as a side business and backup option. I also spent...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys and Gals Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am basically looking for some help to rectify a problem and complete a personal...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock