Discuss How long have you got to submit notifications? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqua Tech

I have just found a cpl from the beginning of the year that I have not submitted.... Is there a penalty for this? :banghead:

Don't worry, just submit it. You could get a problem by not submitting it. No one will bother giving you a penalty for late submission.

One recently done 3 from February and nothing. Been speaking to people and loads don't bother so GSR are probably thankful someone actually bothers!

gas safe inspector told me that your required by law down england, but not up here. I still notify boilers though and I think they should change that rule up here because it makes it easier for cowboys

i was told by GS that we as installers are not REQUIRED to notify the installation of gas work but that it IS the responsibility of the HOMEOWNER. but its easier for us to do it then noone gets in trouble if it goes pete tong.

i was told by GS that we as installers are not REQUIRED to notify the installation of gas work but that it IS the responsibility of the HOMEOWNER. but its easier for us to do it then noone gets in trouble if it goes pete tong.

Quite right, it is the home owners ultimate responsibiltiy. This is all about building regulation compliance. So if they sell their house, the vendor will have to produce building regs certificate of compliance for deffined works they have had to the property. If they employ a company who is registered to a competent person scheme (CPS) for the scope of works, then they should be assurred that that business will register this work through the competent person scheme as a self certification for building regs compliance. Its all about local authority building control office (LBCO), putting trust into prooven competent businesses to register their work without involving LABCO.

On occasions that CPS installers fail to notify work, this may come back and bit them on the bum, because the solicitors will ask for those NICEIC, CORGI, NAPIT, and so forth certificates.

I had occasion to ask building control this question this week and they got the regulations out and after a bit of searching the answer was 30 days (that's for England and Wales). I'm not sure anyone cares though!

I had occasion to ask building control this question this week and they got the regulations out and after a bit of searching the answer was 30 days (that's for England and Wales). I'm not sure anyone cares though!
Only the home owner who wishes to sell their home and finds out they need the certificates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long have you got to submit notifications? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Back