Search the forum,

Discuss How can I turn down this traditional towel radiator with tap valves? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have recently had this radiator fitted and currently it gets very hot. I would like to turn the radiator temperature down however I'm unsure which valve I need to turn. I am not sure which is the flow or return. Or does it not make a difference?

At the moment, both valves in the picture are fully open.

For any comments regarding balancing... this is the only radiator in the house that doesn't have a TRV. I have a mix of Drayton Wiser smart TRVs and regular 'dumb' TRVs.

2023-04-04 10.11.47.jpg

I forgot to add above another option, would it be better to reduce my boiler flow temp instead, as this is the only rad on my system that is not controlled by a TRV?

Reply to How can I turn down this traditional towel radiator with tap valves? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock