Discuss How can I clean my main toilet waste sewer pipe? Want to check its clean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bexbex

I was very silly and flushed things I shouldn't have down my toilet.
This was 5 days ago.
Since then the toilet has been working fine and no blocks in the loo or the toilet backing up.

I am just worried, because I dont know how clean or free and empty the toilet drain pipe outside taking all the house waste to the sewer is.

I dont want what I flushed down there to get caught on little bits of debris, or snags in the pipe to cause it to start a block which would then increase with waste and loo paper.

I want to check my toilet waste pipe is clear and wont be effected by the things I have flushed.
I don't have a hose pipe.
I can't afford a plumber to check the pipe.

If it was 5 days ago and a block could have started how long would it take for the block in the outside pipe to get worse?

Where is the outside toilet drain cover I could lift up and look in. What does It look like? (serious question I am a student I need to learn!)

And why not ask this 3 days ago? Instead you asked;

Basically we have a toilet which most of the time is fine and flushes everything no problem and leaves no traces.
But maybe once a week someone would, do their business and a while later it would appear back in the bottom of the bowl. The toilet paper wouldn't though.

It is strange, how come most of the time peoples waste disappears completely fine, but occasionally will re appear.

Could I have the start of a blockage forming?

Any way I could find out if my toilet is starting to get blocked? I wan't to know if a build up is starting before It can get worse.

(I live in the UK, all the toilets are connected to the street where everyones waste goes. We live in a rented house and don't want to get a plumber out.)

oops sorry left that.
I flushed 3 filters from the ends of hand rolled ciggs!
Was a quick thing and didn't think of the trouble at the time!
Regretting it very much now. Didn't think I would be this worried.

I am not sure what my housemates or previous tennants have flushed down the loos.
There could be tampons or baby wipes and things.

oops sorry left that.
I flushed 3 filters from the ends of hand rolled ciggs!
Was a quick thing and didn't think of the trouble at the time!
Regretting it very much now. Didn't think I would be this worried.

I am not sure what my housemates or previous tennants have flushed down the loos.
There could be tampons or baby wipes and things.

*** ends ain't going to block a loo. Don't worry about it. Have a cuppa and forget about it.

Dont flush nappies down it though :-(

You'll be alright, unless the sewer police get hold of you.

No I would never flush sanitary wear or nappies.
I just had them near by and flushed them! Very silly. That is why I have come here again!
I didn't think *** ends would block it. But because I don't know what could be down there, I wanted to maybe lift the toilet drain lid and have a quick look to make sure it was all clear!

No I would never flush sanitary wear or nappies.
I just had them near by and flushed them! Very silly. That is why I have come here again!
I didn't think *** ends would block it. But because I don't know what could be down there, I wanted to maybe lift the toilet drain lid and have a quick look to make sure it was all clear!

id leave it alone. If its not backing up its fine and working. Your the first person I've ever heard of wanting to check a waste by choice :)

You'll be alright, unless the sewer police get hold of you.
I am worried they havn't got to the sewer! worried they have caught on something in the main toilet pipe and are starting to cause a block!
Not sure what I could do to make sure my toilet line outside is clear from obstructions! Any ideas?

Judging by this thread I'm guessing it wasn't tobacco you were smoking?

id leave it alone. If its not backing up its fine and working. Your the first person I've ever heard of wanting to check a waste by choice :)
I am a mad worrier! 5 days and still worrying.
Am I right in thinking if they had cause an obstruction, it would take me more than 5 days to know about it!
Toilets all seem fine but that doesn't reassure me!
Just want to find the lid of the toilet drain and grab a torch and have a look!

I am worried they havn't got to the sewer! worried they have caught on something in the main toilet pipe and are starting to cause a block!
Not sure what I could do to make sure my toilet line outside is clear from obstructions! Any ideas?

Three *** ends won't block a drain. Unless it was three bob Marley style **** ;-)

Judging by this thread I'm guessing it wasn't tobacco you were smoking?
nope tobacco! just a few rollies filter ends that were on the side which I just thought 'it would be fine surely?'
Now feel like they could catch on obstructions in the pipe outside and cause a block!
Which would be my fault!

nope tobacco! just a few rollies filter ends that were on the side which I just thought 'it would be fine surely?'
Now feel like they could catch on obstructions in the pipe outside and cause a block!
Which would be my fault!

dont worry about it. A *** end is tiny compared to what other type of stuff is flushed down a toilet. Forget about it and enjoy the snow.

hand rolled rollies - students can't afford ready made ciggs.
The reason why I mentioned the fact they were hand rolled was because of the fact they have considerably smaller filters! To make it clearer

how big are your poo's bexbex ? bigger than a *** end surely and they don't block toilet :)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. So you're a student then, what you studying?

I am a massive worrier!
I don't want to be the reason for a huge plumbing bill!
Can't seem to get the idea out my head that in a few weeks when a build up would be more severe the whole plumbing would back up!

hand rolled rollies - students can't afford ready made ciggs.
The reason why I mentioned the fact they were hand rolled was because of the fact they have considerably smaller filters! To make it clearer

im completely lost now. Ironically, I'm going for a *** :)

yes but poos are for loos!
I have been silly and flushed 3 filters which don't break down! Hense why I am over worrying

Now I've had time to think about it yes, this will cause a huge problem. Call the landlord and tell them you need DynoRod right away, better safe than sorry.

I wish I was studying plumbing!
Still not sure where the lid of the outside main toilet waste pipe would be! Or what it looks like!

Still not sure where the lid of the outside main toilet waste pipe would be! Or what it looks like!
It's in the loft.

Bex leave the lid alone. If it ever blocks you will know about it. Then get the landlord to sort it. It's why you pay rent!

Now I've had time to think about it yes, this will cause a huge problem. Call the landlord and tell them you need DynoRod right away, better safe than sorry.
Oh no!
Really! !

Can I look in the toilet waste pipe outside to check first!
I can't afford this!
Oh no

I can't im over worrying!

How long would It take for a block to form? It has been 5 days and the toilets have been used and flushed many times.
Not a problem yet..

Where are you in the country, if your near me I will give man hole recognition training... If it was four filters instead of three then you would of had massive problems. Did you know they expand upto 36x?

Where are you in the country, if your near me I will give man hole recognition training... If it was four filters instead of three then you would of had massive problems. Did you know they expand upto 36x?
It was three!

I can't seem to find the soil waste toilet pipe outside.
I am very worried

Three! Take some photos of your garden and we will see if we can spot them. Tell us a bit more...

bex there is nothing to be worried about. the filters will not block your soil pipe or your toilet. certain members are winding you up!

you have been told 3 filters arnt gonna make a difference.
maybe if they joined themselves together end on end, swelled up really big, got stuck on a dodgy bit of pipe and then had babies, whose babies then had really fat triplets you would have a problem. you must be winding us up.
get a mug. put some filters in it, fill with water, leave for 2 days to swell. turn mug upside down, if filters have grown to size of mug then you may have a problem.
or are they your tampons ?
seriously. let it go.

This is a joke guys, do you seriously think someone is worried that they have flushed a few filters ? rofl here

Please dont wind me up! I am having difficulty trying to determine what is a wind up and what is not.

I am very worried. This has been in my mind for 5 days now.
I just want to know what I can do myself to clear my main toilet soil line towards the sewer!

Just spoke to our local council and the police, apparently there is a maximum fine of £50000 or 5 years in prison. I just hope you have a good lawyer. Good luck bex, was nice knowing you.

I'm not joking atall.
I am very worried!

Im not worried the actual filters have blocked my soil pipe. I am worried about them catching onto things in my waste toilet pipe outside and causing an obstruction!

If this is a wind up then well done, it got the attention you wanted.
If this is not a wind up then I would be more worried about worrying about something so trivial - If 3 *** ends end up blocking your soil pipe I will come and clear it myself free of charge...

Hold tight there's a plumber on the way.

He'll be wearing a white coat and carrying a straight jacket and will probably claim to be a doctor but just trust him.

Hold tight there's a plumber on the way.

He'll be wearing a white coat and carrying a straight jacket and will probably claim to be a doctor but just trust him.
I know this is a wind up, but can't tell if the one about calling up the drain cleaning people.
This isn't a wind up im just worried! All these people winding me up is not helping!

CALM DOWN SON YOUR RIGHT TO BE WORRIED,i really feel for you,could i possibly help,where are you based

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How can I clean my main toilet waste sewer pipe? Want to check its clean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the...
Replies
Views
We have a problem with a downstairs bathroom toilet. When flushed, the water in the bowl rises, as does the water coming up from the shower drain...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock