Discuss Hot water temperature in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy1

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've got a slightly different angle on the question....
I've been working at a customers house who has had a new boiler fitted, I think it was made by Valiant???
It's an S type system and the plumbers own electrician has done all the wiring except for installing a new thermostat. As the old thermostat wire was not re-usable I installed a wireless stat, sited the receiver adjacent to the wiring hub where the valves, pump and programmer are (next to the tank). I wired a permanent L+N to the receiver and as per the instructions have wired across the Brown to the motorised valve and the CH on in the programmer.
The thermostat switches the CH on and off as it should, however the customer is now claiming the HW temperature is down on what it was before I installed the new stat...., any ideas:confused:...
Before I installed the stat all that the boiler was doing was the HW, the customer went round fully opening all the valves on the rads after the stat 'went live'.
Is there something I could have done that has inadvertently interfered with the HW temperature? As far as I can see all I have done is installed a device that controls the CH, I was under the impression that the tank stat controlled the HW.
22 years an Electrician and heating systems are my 'achilies heel' so any advice you guys or girls could give would be more appreciated than you can imagine!
Many thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water temperature in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock