Discuss hot water problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brooklyn2003

Hello
Had new central heating boiler and controls fitted few month ago. the hot water has never worked from the boiler being on but works on the immersion tank . The boiler is potterton promax and controls honeywell and 3 port valve honeywell. Timer is honeywell ch and hw 2 way. The plumber maintains that he boiled up my tank when testing from the boiler after install. Any way having looked at the wiring in junction box the 3 port valve wiring on the orange wire has 2 other wires to it. in the boiler manual it shows three other wires to it for my system which has a wall thermostat and no trv on the nearest rad. it does show a diagram for y plan with all rads trv and no wall thermostat which has two wires to it. is it possible for a y plan to have only two wires connected to the orange wire which are cylinder stat and pump and boil up the hot water with the y plan that i have.
Thanks
Have posted photo of wiring on the next page.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes the heating works, pump works, timer works imersion works 3 port works but no hot water from boiler. i have asked him to come back and he says it must be 3 port broken but i think it must be the wiring.

Well even if it's 3 port faulty he should at least come back and check it out

what i really need to no is if the wiring is not the same as the y plan in the boiler insrtuctions can the hot water be called for if there is a wire missing to the orange wire from 3 port valve.

according to my honeywell wiring plan for conventional Y plan there should be three wires connected to the orange, live from the pump live from the boiler and from terminal 1 from the cylinder stat. where is the boiler live connected to at the moment?

grey wire to control panel i think. definately not to orange wire.

could the wiring be wrong and if so how could a gas safe engineer commisson the system and sign it off

i think you need to get someone in to look at your wiring. if you put your area on here maybe one of the members will be near you.

P1030404 wires.jpgpicture of the electric wiring. the orange wire is from the 3 port.

the two wires connected to the orange wire are probably cylinder stat and boiler switched live.
the pump could be taking its power from the pump live on the boiler - (grey wire bottom left cable ?)

Do the boiler & pump run when hot water is selected on programmer ?

i would suggest that you get a honeywell wiring centre they are really easy to use. each wire has it's own place no need to put wires together. probably take you about half an hour to re-wire it. although you have to identify where all the wires go first then you will get it right first time.

no the boiler doesn't run but the pump does

doesn't sound right - it'll need checking with a multimeter to see whats happening.
Unless you're competent at doing this it would probably be best to get someone in.

:iagree: with BOLD ... pump and boiler come on together! You need someone to correct the wiring ! IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock