Discuss Hot water plumbed backwards now no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Underpressure

Hi all,

right, so, please help a man out here :)

my plumber for some unknown reason whilst plumbing the kitchen in that we have just fit confused the hot feed from the boiler and put a cold feed onto it......
the heating was working fine and as normal,
until...
my heating guy came out, attempted to isolate the boiler to change a suspected flow turbine as this is what tech support said to change, and water :nono: everywhere as the pipe was still live due to being plumbed backwards..
he got it swapped, however, we now have lovely hot water, but, the :nono: heating wont come on!
if you demand heating through thermostat it talks to the boiler, pump comes on etc, but does not fire up just pump keeps running?
he's saying to now change the diverter valve as that could have failed and the symptoms match that

no warning lights or flashing ones on boiler

worcester bosch greenstar 24i approx 5 years old

customer is being very patient, but its causing me mega stress

please advise

cheers guys

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not this diverter valve,which would be easy to check anyway.best he re checks his diagnosis..maybe your heating lad is related to your plumber,or you just have split personalities ...

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not this diverter valve,which would be easy to check anyway.best he re checks his diagnosis..maybe your heating lad is related to your plumber,or you just have split personalities ...

Any idea what it could be?

You need to be gas safe to work on the boiler,am sure a qualified engineer will sort out OK,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water plumbed backwards now no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock