Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water only when the CH is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaffa

Can anybody help?
Our house has a system where the water will only heat when the central heating is on.
With summer coming (again) it would be nice if the hot water would heat without the CH being on.
We have a gas boiler with room thermostat, tank stat, electronic programmer. Everything seems to work OK (boiler fires up when the room stat drops below set temperature, radiators get hot, water tank gets hot) - it is just that with the water-only setting, the boiler will not fire up to heat the water.
I thought maybe the thermostats had been wired up back to front but when I swapped the wires in the programmer, no joy.
Apologies for the poor explanation, but if anybody can suggest what has gone wrong, we'd be grateful (and come the summer, a little bit richer as we won't have to have the CH on!)
Thanks in advance.
Jaffa

You need a plumber in to look at your system. Sounds like a faulty zone valve perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water only when the CH is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at the timer panel, it works but it also heats up all the radiators above ground floor. I have to close them individually to stop this. The rads aren't...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly lukewarm. I checked the boiler and the tap icon was lit up, showing it was delivering hot water to the taps and I could hear the boiler running and the...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock