Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hi I am thinking to replace my ageing Alpha CD24R with a Bosch in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I am thinking to replace my ageing Alpha CD24R with a Bosch equivalent, I have a few quotes which seemed fair, until today we had a company turned up, he really had a good look round. Far longer than the others, (one i had to send pictures ? And he quoted me the pics that I supplied?) He informed me that the copper pipes going to the cylinder are 22mm and the Bosch requires a 28mm . Connecting directly to my old pipes , I may/will get a problem with the heat exchanger at a later date. he recommended using another company boiler . he also told me that with the 22mm pipes the system will not as efficient . We have been in this for 3 years and I have noted that the radiators get warm not hot. Is he honest , or is he toting for more work?? Could any one clarify

Don’t know what he’s talking about as the Bosch does / only have 22mm connections

Only thing I can think of if he’s upgrading due to maybe down the link going for a air source heat pump etc

Reply to Hi I am thinking to replace my ageing Alpha CD24R with a Bosch in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just had my 15year old Grundfos UPS 15 50 replaced with an Alpha 1 and the Alpha 1 seems quite a bit noisier than the the old one, I...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, i've just moved into a property last month and begun to take note of things that may need attention. One of which is the feed to a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I've just had my annual maintenance check on my boiler (in title), it will be 8 years old in May this year and is (I think) still under...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock