Discuss Hi from Jersey - trying to fix no hot water at mu mums; in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

foxleys

Hi
Reason I joined this forum is that my mums oil fired (no water tank in loft) boiler does not heat the water.

The house has a immersion heater which is currently heating her water.

I have had to topup the system to 1 bar - it droped by about .4 bar in less than 2 days.

I have bled the rads.

No sign of any leaks.

Could this mean a leak in a pipe/system somewhere, if so how do I find a leak in concrete floor on the ground floor?

Or could one or more of the rad. thermostats be faulty?

Do pros recommend leak test fluid?

Thanks for your help in advance.
ps mu = my!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome!
has the boiler been running in the period that the pressure has dropped? If it has does the pressure rise above normal and into the red part of the pressure gauge?

Hi, thanks.
I don't live there but as far as I have seen the pressure just drops.

It does not rise during the short time I look at it.

Note alsi it is an external boiler fitted on the outside wall.
many thanks

Is the pressure dropping down to 0? or staying at around half a bar?

Hi, if I don't refill it, it will drop to 0 bar,but this takes about 4 to 5 days.

have you noticed any water coming from around the boiler? There is a pressure valve in the boiler will have a run of copper coming of it and terminating at the floor any evidence of water from there?

No water from this coppr pipe, but I noticed the condencer (?) pipe was wet on the outside.

Yeah thats find its just condensation lol. Well now you have located that pipe that will be able to cross somethings out. can you keep checking on it or get her to check on it when the heating on to see if water does drip out?

If waters not coming out of there then it seems like its a leak unless anyone else has an idea. could the coil be split in the tank?

My Mum is 83 with Parkinsons so I will have to check sometime tommorow,thanks for your help so far I appriaciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi from Jersey - trying to fix no hot water at mu mums; in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock