Discuss Here's a Little Tester For You. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
20160425_100359.jpg

Went out to look at this first thing. Cust wants towel rail off and radiator fitting. Rad supplied by cust. So just labour, trv, lockshield plus pipe and fittings. Open vented system. Rad 800 x 600 single convector. Solid wall behind.

How much?

1/2 a day for draining down and refilling (takes account for problems) £140
rad valves and inhibitor £20
pipe, fittings, screws and plugs etc £25
labour fitting and piping up 2 hours £70

total £255 inc vat

i like how they've put the brackets on...

be looking at half a day to days labour + materials

I was looking at 2 hours and no drain down. Snatch a couple of levers inside the boxing and away with the pipework.

I was looking at 2 hours and no drain down. Snatch a couple of levers inside the boxing and away with the pipework.

cant get level ball valves for 10mm (only gas )

Shaun's seeing double tonight... 140 labour plus an extra 70 for 2 hours labour...
25 for parts & 20 for other bits lol... ;)

I agree you could bung the feed and vent and use compression fittings inside the casing if you really wanted to. Probably no more than 2 hours doing it that way and no cost of lever valves.
I would be tempted to use the full flow isolating valves hoping they are good enough

Snatch some isolation valves on the pipework lockshield nuts... I know it ain't meant to be done but if you don't some other bugger will lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Here's a Little Tester For You. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock