Currently reading:
Here's a Little Tester For You.

Discuss Here's a Little Tester For You. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
20160425_100359.jpg

Went out to look at this first thing. Cust wants towel rail off and radiator fitting. Rad supplied by cust. So just labour, trv, lockshield plus pipe and fittings. Open vented system. Rad 800 x 600 single convector. Solid wall behind.

How much?

1/2 a day for draining down and refilling (takes account for problems) £140
rad valves and inhibitor £20
pipe, fittings, screws and plugs etc £25
labour fitting and piping up 2 hours £70

total £255 inc vat

i like how they've put the brackets on...

be looking at half a day to days labour + materials

I was looking at 2 hours and no drain down. Snatch a couple of levers inside the boxing and away with the pipework.

I was looking at 2 hours and no drain down. Snatch a couple of levers inside the boxing and away with the pipework.

cant get level ball valves for 10mm (only gas )

Shaun's seeing double tonight... 140 labour plus an extra 70 for 2 hours labour...
25 for parts & 20 for other bits lol... ;)

I agree you could bung the feed and vent and use compression fittings inside the casing if you really wanted to. Probably no more than 2 hours doing it that way and no cost of lever valves.
I would be tempted to use the full flow isolating valves hoping they are good enough

Snatch some isolation valves on the pipework lockshield nuts... I know it ain't meant to be done but if you don't some other bugger will lol

Shaun's seeing double tonight... 140 labour plus an extra 70 for 2 hours labour...
25 for parts & 20 for other bits lol... ;)

:D thats for draining down and re filling not for pipe work and fixing rad to wall ;)

My thoughts exactly so no inhibitor. £80 labour. I gave exactly the opposite as you. Rad to 800 x 600mm towel rail

:D thats for draining down and re filling not for pipe work and fixing rad to wall ;)

Oh right, I'd normally just quite labour & that includes everything etc... & then 1 parts total... 140 is a good price to drain & refill on a nice small system ;)

Even faster - Screw the new rad centre above the pipes and after bunging the f&v, just use chrome compression elbows and 2 chromed copper pipes with chrome soldered elbows.
Might look not as neat, but decent enough and you haven't touched original pipes.

I told her 120. Couple of hours trv and lockshield 2 levers pipe fittings consumables and diesel.

She's been told 40 :)

It was an experiment on facebook. Seen allsorts of requests on the local selling page and out of curiosity I said I would look at it and give her a price.

Won't waste anymore time with that.

Why does someone who's been told 40 even bother with anymore quotes? Are they expecting cheaper still lol?

40 quid probably allows for 2 flexi taps hose tails... And I hope that's what they get lol

If you were on benefits and also didn't have to travel far, then maybe £40 is plenty. :smile:
Let's hope the job goes bad.

Even faster - Screw the new rad centre above the pipes and after bunging the f&v, just use chrome compression elbows and 2 chromed copper pipes with chrome soldered elbows.
Might look not as neat, but decent enough and you haven't touched original pipes.

Chrome soldered elbows?

Makes me so sad.

Glad I made the move out of the industry when I did, any thoughts I might have been harbouring about coming back at some point are fast evaporating.

It is probable one of those evening class students Simon looking to gain some practical experience.

I feel for you SimonG trying to earn a crust & having to compete against that.

Am I sore? you better believe it.

Chrome soldered elbows?

Yes, if tight bends are needed, then (chromed) copper soldered elbows could have went below the new rads valves.
Sort of job you would do where somebody has pipes coming through a tiled floor and don't want anything touched for a replacement different sized rad

Before reading the other posts, I thought '£120' including materials
Would have charged the same 10year ago mind
Im slow but a couple of hours work taking my time.
£40 though. Ive just paid £75 to have my company logo and a couple of manufacturers names on x2 jackets. Its a good job some people are stupid enough to pay!
It took them over a month to do the printing for me. Theyre always stacked out with work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Here's a Little Tester For You. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock