Discuss help running soil and vent pipe to new bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajsoad

hi all. im in the middle of converting a box room into a bathroom and i need a bit of advice on how to run the soil and vent pipe. ive bought some of the fittings and pipe already but after ive drilled the holes in the house my dad has told me it mite be wrong and he said this after i drilled the holes :S
here is a drawing of what i was thinking of doing.
2011-05-30 10.58.45.jpgbathrrom.jpg2011-05-30 10.59.06.jpg

so the fitting i bought to put outside the house was a Branch 92.5° Triple Black fitting.jpg
with this fitting i was planning on connecting the toilet to it and the sink and bath either side. the first problem i has was i had to drill the hole lower than i wanted in order to get the fall for the bath and sink. now that id done that the soil pipe was to close to the ground.
2011-05-30 10.59.45.jpg
2011-05-30 10.59.34.jpg
because the actual pan is 300mm away from the wall due to the wall unit that holds the cistern i thought id get away with cutting the soil pipe near the wall and using a flexible
pan connector instead.
pan connector.jpg

So what i need to find out is:
Is the fitting ive used the rite one or should i re drill the hole higher and use a strap fitting to connect the sink and bath?
is the place i was going to vent the soil pipe the rite place or does it have to be directly above the manhole?
bathroom 2.jpg
Thanx :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have drilled the hole at the right height for the wc, then installed boss connector below tee to pick up bath/shower and basin pipes. Get your big stuff in right and play about with the smaller stuff, it's easier.

so do u suggest i re drill the hole a few inches higher? what about venting the soil pipe, can i go straight up from where it comes out of the house? or will i have to do it above the manhole?

I would, may save a lot of pain in the future. Vent straight up from hole.

id recommend the same, hole at the right height and a boss pipe below your branch for wastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help running soil and vent pipe to new bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back