Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed urgent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sam51

hi guys i need some help urgent.
does anyone know a good solicitor tor us plumbers.
to cut a long storey short.
done some work for a asshole property maintenance company.
they owe me a £1000, they said i would get paid back in august.
have had to revert to a county court.
they have responded with an excuse of poor work.
i have been in touch with the new shop owners.
and they told me there is nothing wrong with my plumbing work.
and they have no issues since i done the job back in may.
i'm hoping to get a statement from them by email soon.
but if they do not want to get involved, this is where i need a solicitor.
being in this game for 30 years and never had any complaints.
makes you sick sometimes.
thanks fellas sam.

Small claims on line job done but get what evidence you can. Pop back and photograph if shop owner will allow. I know a grand sounds a lot but legal action is very expensive and likely to be protracted. The couple of times I have used it the official paperwork landing on the defendants desk has done the job. When it doesn't it is usually because they are skint :veryangry2:

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online

small claims court, neither side can use solicitor, get shop to give photos and satisfaction letter and bobs your uncle, cost about £70 for thousand claim, and if you win you get costs, inc day at court if req, and if they agree to pay prior to court its 1000 plus 70 or continue action

small claims court, neither side can use solicitor, get shop to give photos and satisfaction letter and bobs your uncle, cost about £70 for thousand claim, and if you win you get costs, inc day at court if req, and if they agree to pay prior to court its 1000 plus 70 or continue action

thanks guys,have done the court claim, cost me £60.
there response was last week. poor work. the job was done in may.
they ignored my invoice,numerous emails, and phone calls.
£500 was materials which I've already paid plumb centre.

ouch , push for court apperance with juge and the debtor, face to face.

By "there response" do you mean the defendants or the court ? If defendants plough on with whatever evidence photos or statements you can gather. As before though unless you have dealt with these people before assume money troubles as they made a prior promise to pay. On it's own enough to cast doubt with the beak.

1) you realise that you can charge substantial compensation - ie: on mine I am charging £300 to take them to court plus court fees . . . .

2) If they are stating 'poor work' did they inform you of this at the time? They would have to prove this in court.

I would put an offer in to them to rectify any so called poor work - they have to give you and opportunity to put it right see. It simply is unlawful to with hold payment.

You have done work for them under an agreed (verbal or non) contract, therefore they are legally obliged to pay you for work done.

They dont have a leg to stand on really . . .

I'd consider a debt collection agency. I heard once that a bank continually didn't pay a bill as they were far too important and didn't have time for such menial things; the debt collection agency eventually went there and got paid on the spot as they said they would take keyboard and monitors to the value which would stop their operations, they paid on the spot.

Anyone not paying needs to give the installer an opportunity to put right any defects or poor workmanship; if they have got a 3rd party then as long as the costs are reasonable then this could be deducted from the bill in court but you must be informed as far as I understand it.

If the court agreed to poor workmanship then obviously they feel they have grounds so unless you think their wrong then you'd be fighting for the correct amount to be deducted not the whoile amount?

If the materials were £500 and they are still sound then their compensation should be for costs against the labour as this is the part that is in dispute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help needed urgent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock