Discuss Height of an Air Admittance Valve in a bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone

I am fitting an air admittance valve to a stack pipe in a bathroom, see pictures. A separate washbasin waste pipe and bath waste pipe are also connecting to the soil pipe.

I have fitted an anti syphon trap to the washbasin and a HepVo to the bath

My question is
Is there a minimum height the AAV has to be in the bathroom?

My clients want it as low as possible and boxed in. I know once it is boxed in there will have to be an air grill

Any advice greatly appreciated

Best wishes

Paul

20181017_161458.jpg

20181017_161452.jpg

I think you’ll find that technically it needs to be at least 600mm above the highest spill over point which is normally the basin. With air admittance on other appliances though it will probably be fine although there are other details about the property and any other facilities that need to be known to be sure

TBH Chris it's not for us to decide really. The OP had had BCO out so what they say goes. We know they may not know what they are about, but we can't argue as we're not there.

On a personal level I'd not fit one - if the lengths are as they appear!

Why ?
If it blocks the water will overspill the Pan not the basin.
Building regs Chris - my interpretation is if you have a sewerage back up you may not notice a boxed low fitted air addmitance valve leaking but a overspill from the toilet or basin will show immediately the valves should be visable and removable for maintenance above the spill over level for rodding access if its needed whether we agree or not we should all be fitting to the regulations . Cheers kop

Last edited:
I think you’ll find that technically it needs to be at least 600mm above the highest spill over point which is normally the basin. With air admittance on other appliances though it will probably be fine although there are other details about the property and any other facilities that need to be known to be sure
Thanks for your reply. Does it matter that it is on the first floor and the bath, washbasin and WC are the only pipes running to this soil pipe

Thanks Paul

Reply to Height of an Air Admittance Valve in a bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock