Discuss Heating for new extension in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hello

Our current house is a 4 bed detached with radiator heating and a combi bolier - a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 fitted in 2007. Boiler is working fine.

We are in the middle of having a significant extension on the ground floor - 70 to 80 sq m of new space. Extension will have underfloor heating. We are also having underfloor fitted in the existing kitchen.

Plumber has proposed moving to a unvented pressurised cylinder system as we have a number of bathrooms. This also means a new boiler and a Worcester Greenstar 24ri has been proposed.

I'd be really grateful for some advice:

1) My research suggests the new boiler has a lower output than the old one - is this sensible?

2) Quote received is for supply and fit boiler, supply and fit 300 litre unvented pressurised cylinder, connect up under floor system and join to existing heating and hot water system. Supply and fit new 22mm water main pipework to boiler from stop tap. £3,850. Is this in the right ball park? We live in Rugby.

3) Would the existing boiler have any resale value i.e. e-bay?

Thanks

Adam

Hi adam please register and repost to receive responses to your question. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating for new extension in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock