Search the forum,

Discuss Halstead bentley 50 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

walden

Hi All

we have just had a major problem with our boiler basically it would fire up when its called then about every 10 seconds its trying to re-ignite the burners and kept doing this until the boiler reached its temperature and this went on for a few days until one day the boiler just cut out, so waht we have done is changed the thermostat and PCB has of today but now when the boiler switches on it ignites the pilot but there appears to be no gas coming through to the burners for the pilot to light, we have turned the boiler off and on a couple times and still nothing,

Would the gas valve be at fault could it be that its closed shut, thus not allowing the gas through, the boiler is about 12yrs old

Regards Paul

Hi All

Found the problem it was the gas valve playing around once changed fired up lovely but during the evening we needed some hot water so i switched it over manually and the boiler completely cut out so i put it back manually back to central heating and still nothing so i switched the boiler off for a while and tried again still nothing i cant believe that by manually switching over would cut the boiler out even though this was working fine until the pcb and gas valve broke down would the pressure switch be broken down now that everything has been repalced? there is only one pressure switch on this boiler, the boiler itself is a fully pumped system with a 3 port motorised valve, i have also checked all the wiring within the boiler and the motorised valve circuit all seems to be okay, any suggestions

Best regards Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead bentley 50 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock