Search the forum,

Discuss grundfos alpha 2l 15 50 ----- not pumping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevieboy308

hi all,

about 3 weeks ago i fitted said pump and all was fine. but 2 days ago we started getting noises, banging etc. when i looked at the pump the power light was on, but not the speed setting light and the pump wasn't working. i unplugged the jack plug, then reconnected, the power light and the speed setting light came on and the pump started pumping!

a few hours later the same happened, so i did the same and all was good!

next morning i get the same, this time i turned the room stat down past the click, then back up, this did as expected and the pump started.

i've phoned the supplier, they said they'll have to phone grundfos and get back to me. so, any ideas? just a duff pump or any other possibilities?

cheers, steve

cheers for the quick reply.

the 3 port valve is fairly new, i can see it moving and i've the same problem when heating / water / both are selected and i haven't got a zone valve.

cheers

it's now cutting out after 5 / 10 seconds, just tried it now when the system had cooled right down

I have told you before these pumps are too clever for their own good, what the hell is wrong with a standard pump, when they start going wrong its head scratching time,
the standard pump either works or it doesn't.

My advice take out and bin it, sorry even the commercial ones are iffy

There was another post from Kurly who had a Baxi banging its head off, he had a pump with built in speed drive and put it in the bin

Last edited by a moderator:
Check to see if power is still at the pump when it goes off. At lest then you will know if it is the pump or other controls.

Check to see if power is still at the pump when it goes off. At lest then you will know if it is the pump or other controls.

the power light on the pump is still on, just the speed setting light goes out and the speed selector button doesn't do anything. a quick separate and re-connect the jack plug gets everything working properly for 5 / 10 second. so wouldn't of thought it was a power issue, or could it be?

the power light on the pump is still on, just the speed setting light goes out and the speed selector button doesn't do anything. a quick separate and re-connect the jack plug gets everything working properly for 5 / 10 second. so wouldn't of thought it was a power issue, or could it be?
PCB's had it pal, it's switching between fixed and proportional then doe sent know what to do so disconnects drive to impeller, absolute rubbish, needs a swap pal

PCB's had it pal, it's switching between fixed and proportional then doe sent know what to do so disconnects drive to impeller, absolute rubbish, needs a swap pal

cheers fella, the pump has been swapped and we're all warm again!!

It's the power light staying on that throws you, I've had 2 faulty I think they had a bad batch tbh

All bad more like....you are being too honest, I asked you if you had swapped for the same model, you never said, does that mean SSDD

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to grundfos alpha 2l 15 50 ----- not pumping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock