Search the forum,

Discuss grundfos alpha 2l 15 50 ----- not pumping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevieboy308

hi all,

about 3 weeks ago i fitted said pump and all was fine. but 2 days ago we started getting noises, banging etc. when i looked at the pump the power light was on, but not the speed setting light and the pump wasn't working. i unplugged the jack plug, then reconnected, the power light and the speed setting light came on and the pump started pumping!

a few hours later the same happened, so i did the same and all was good!

next morning i get the same, this time i turned the room stat down past the click, then back up, this did as expected and the pump started.

i've phoned the supplier, they said they'll have to phone grundfos and get back to me. so, any ideas? just a duff pump or any other possibilities?

cheers, steve

cheers for the quick reply.

the 3 port valve is fairly new, i can see it moving and i've the same problem when heating / water / both are selected and i haven't got a zone valve.

cheers

it's now cutting out after 5 / 10 seconds, just tried it now when the system had cooled right down

I have told you before these pumps are too clever for their own good, what the hell is wrong with a standard pump, when they start going wrong its head scratching time,
the standard pump either works or it doesn't.

My advice take out and bin it, sorry even the commercial ones are iffy

There was another post from Kurly who had a Baxi banging its head off, he had a pump with built in speed drive and put it in the bin

Last edited by a moderator:
Check to see if power is still at the pump when it goes off. At lest then you will know if it is the pump or other controls.

Check to see if power is still at the pump when it goes off. At lest then you will know if it is the pump or other controls.

the power light on the pump is still on, just the speed setting light goes out and the speed selector button doesn't do anything. a quick separate and re-connect the jack plug gets everything working properly for 5 / 10 second. so wouldn't of thought it was a power issue, or could it be?

the power light on the pump is still on, just the speed setting light goes out and the speed selector button doesn't do anything. a quick separate and re-connect the jack plug gets everything working properly for 5 / 10 second. so wouldn't of thought it was a power issue, or could it be?
PCB's had it pal, it's switching between fixed and proportional then doe sent know what to do so disconnects drive to impeller, absolute rubbish, needs a swap pal

PCB's had it pal, it's switching between fixed and proportional then doe sent know what to do so disconnects drive to impeller, absolute rubbish, needs a swap pal

cheers fella, the pump has been swapped and we're all warm again!!

It's the power light staying on that throws you, I've had 2 faulty I think they had a bad batch tbh

All bad more like....you are being too honest, I asked you if you had swapped for the same model, you never said, does that mean SSDD

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to grundfos alpha 2l 15 50 ----- not pumping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
S
Hi i have a grundfos pump 25-50 130 p/n 59525418 radiators downstairs are cold and upstairs hot after an 1-hr 2 hrs then the downstairs gets hot i think the pump i have is too weak would would be a more powerful pump to help with this ? thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon we have recently had a grundfos alpha2L 15-60 130 pump fitted to our central heating system and we're experiencing an issue. Once the pump is on its working fine but for the first "cycle" in the morning the "Power on" light comes on but the pump doesn't start. I have to then...
Replies
Views
S
Ups pump issue Fairly recently, say 12 months ago, we had a new pump fitted. It's a grundfos ups3 15- 50/65 130. (We have a small expansion tank next to the large tank in the loft. So not a sealed system) After it runs normally for several hours it just stops working. The radiators obviously...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock