Discuss greenstar junior 28i mechanical timer not working help please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mini me

Basically i have the 28i junior boiler, which had a digital programmable room stat. This was not functioning properly, so this has been changed to a honeywell room stat. The room stat is now operating correctly, however the timer is not working properly and from what i can gather never has.

Does this time work automatically, or is there some extra wiring it needs to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated

so u have had the combined programmer and stat removed, and had a wired or wireless room stat fitted? is the timer the mechanical one on the front of the boiler?

Sorry if this post is confusing.

I had a programmable room thermostat, wired into the boiler. This was not functioning correctly and was making the boiler run continously.

I removed this stat and replaced it with a honeywell manual room thermostat, which now controls the heating. The boiler has a mechanical timer on the front, which is not working in timed mode.

Is this a wiring issue or simply in need of a replacement timer? The room stat is wired up correctly using the lr ls and n terminals. Any ideas?

the clocks are just plugged directly into circuit board, remove the plastic trim about clock holding it in place and make sure no damage to connector and that its connected properly, if still no avail i would try a new clock :)

Thankyou for your response, I've already removed the time clock, to ensure it was correctly plugged in. I will replace the clock in due course.

Today I have noticed that the thermostat is working correctly, however when I turn the stat down to it's minimum, the boiler remains fired up. This happens occasionally, to which I switch the boiler on and off, which then allows the stat to control the boiler being off or on.

Any ideas at what could be causing this, I have the manual which states when the stat is satisfied the gas valve should shut. However the gas valve remains open ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to greenstar junior 28i mechanical timer not working help please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can give me advice with this one. At an annual gas service today I found a Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i to be using only running...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
B
Hi I have a worcester 24i rsf-L combi It has got a mechanical timer on it with no room stat I want to put on a programmable room stat Which one...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock